Before you begin your submission, please read the following important information.
- Before you start, be sure that you have the name and spelling for each of your co-authors, plus email addresses, University or Institution name, department, and address (or the address to be used).
- You will find it very helpful to know the ConferenceID/BotanyID for each of your authors. If you supply an author’s ConferenceID/BotanyID, our system will be able to automatically load their address and email, and if they are a BSA member, their address will be provided from the BSA membership directory. Current BSA members’ BotanyID can be found on the last line of their profile at the BSA Membership Directory. You can ask past BSA members and past Botany Conference participants for their BotanyIDs.
- Have the correct title of your abstract. Do NOT use ALL CAPS in composing your abstract.
- If you are idle for over 15 minutes, you will be prompted to “keep your session alive”; if you do not respond, you will be logged out and your data lost.
- Please carefully review your information on each page. Most mistakes are the result of haste or inadequate proofreading. Going back more than one page in your work may cause site errors.
Please note: The person submitting the abstract will be able to make corrections/changes to the abstract after submission.
- On completion, your abstract and your submission details will automatically be emailed to all the attributed authors, including yourself. This is the only confirmation you will receive.
- You can paste your abstract in directly from Word or iWork; however, all formatting except bold, italics, underline and subscript/superscript will be removed.
- If you need help entering special HTML characters, such as Greek characters, symbols, and so forth, click here.
- If you plan on using these, you should keep the pop-up window active for when you need it.
- You must have cookies enabled in your browser to submit abstracts. What does this mean?
- Be patient with Internet traffic and the server.
- We support all recent versions of Internet Explorer, Firefox/Mozilla, Safari and Chrome. Internet Explorer 8 and earlier are not supported.
The person who submits an abstract has the ability to change it after it has been submitted. To do so, go to the Botany 2022 Electronic Abstract Site Over- view page located here. You will see a Login button at the bottom of the menu on the left. Log in, and then find the specific page for the abstract you would like to alter. On the abstract page, under the heading Abstract Detail you will see an “Edit” link. Use this to gain access to your abstract for alterations.